Submissions to The Ilanot Review
Our Summer 2018 issue will be dedicated to
Submissions open March 1st – May 31st 2018
We’re delighted to devote the upcoming issue exclusively to FICTION—short story, flash, or graphic. We’re looking to be moved, excited, provoked, and enthralled by your work, so send us the best, most impactful piece you have.
- “Long” Short Fiction –One short story up to 4000 words long
- Flash Fiction – A short story up to 1000 words long. You may include up to 3 flash pieces (each <1000 words) in a single submission.
- Graphic Stories
- Cover Art: Up to six images per artist
We are happy to consider translations of original work, providing the translator has obtained permission from the author. Be sure to include the original work in Word format.
- We only consider work that has not been previously published. This includes internet venues, blogs and self published work.
- Please include a short bio (50 -75 words) with your submission.
- We will consider simultaneous submissions but ask that you retract your work immediately if it is accepted for publication elsewhere.
- If your work appears in our current issue, we kindly ask that you refrain from submitting to our upcoming issue.
- We retain first serial rights. At the time of publication, all rights revert back to the author. However, The Ilanot Review retains the right to publish the piece(s) in any subsequent issue or anthology, whether in print or online. Should you decide to republish the piece elsewhere, we ask that you cite The Ilanot Review as a place of previous publication and provide our web address.
Facebook: The Ilanot Review