Submissions to The Ilanot Review
Submissions to The Ilanot Review will open in Summer 2019
Only one submission per reading period, please! Multiple submissions will be automatically disqualified.
- Poetry: Up to 5 poems, not to exceed 7 pages. Please submit all work + bio in a single Word file, with each poem beginning on a separate page. Please include your name and contact information on each page.
- Fiction: One short story of up to 5000 words or up to 3 flash pieces, no longer than 1500 words total.
- Creative Nonfiction: Up to 3000 words.
- Graphics and Cover Art: We’d love to see comics, paintings, photos, photo essays, graphic poetry/nonfiction. Please submit a single document or up to six image files (all files must be included in a single submission).
- Other / Hybrid: Work that absolutely doesn’t fit into any of the categories above, including hybrids of multiple genres. Up to 5 pieces, not to exceed 7 pages. Please include all work in a single submission.
We are happy to consider translations of original work, provided the translator has obtained permission from the author. Be sure to include the original work in Word format.
We welcome work that challenges conventions of form, style and content.
- We only consider work that has not been previously published. This includes internet venues, blogs and self-published work.
- Please include a short bio (50 -75 words) with your submission.
- We will consider simultaneous submissions but ask that you retract your work immediately if it is accepted for publication elsewhere.
- If your work appears in our current issue, we kindly ask that you refrain from submitting to our upcoming issue.
- We retain first serial rights. At the time of publication, all rights revert back to the author. However, The Ilanot Review retains the right to publish the piece(s) in any subsequent issue or anthology, whether in print or online. Should you decide to republish the piece elsewhere, we ask that you cite The Ilanot Review as a place of previous publication and provide our web address.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
Facebook: The Ilanot Review