Submissions to The Ilanot Review
Submission period for the spring 2022 issue of The Ilanot Review:
December 1, 2021 – January 31, 2022
Guest Poetry Editor for Earth:
- Only one submission per reading period, please! Multiple submissions (including submissions to multiple genres) will be automatically disqualified.
- Submission fees:
- Free submissions are available in all genres until Submittable’s free submission caps are met.
- After that, we charge a submission fee of $3.
- Translations are free throughout the submission period.
- We will consider simultaneous submissions but ask that you retract your work immediately if it is accepted for publication elsewhere.
- If your work appears in our current or previous issue, we kindly ask that you refrain from submitting to our upcoming issue.
- Please include a short bio (50 -75 words) with your submission.
- We welcome unpublished translations of original work, provided the translator has obtained permission from the author. Please include a copy of the original work with your submission.
- We welcome work that challenges conventions of form, style, and content.
- Poetry: Up to 5 poems, not to exceed 7 pages. Please submit all work + bio in a single Word file, with each poem beginning on a separate page. Please include your name and contact information on each page.
- Microfiction: Up to 3 pieces of microfiction, no longer than 400 words each.
- Short Fiction: One piece of short fiction, between 401 and 1500 words long.
- Creative Nonfiction: One essay of up to 3000 words, or up to 3 flash pieces, no longer than 1500 words total.
- Comics, Photo Essays, Visual Narratives: Please submit a single document or up to 6 image files (all files must be included in a single submission).
- Art and Photography: Artwork submitted to this category will be considered for inclusion within the journal’s pages and as cover art.
- Translations: We welcome unpublished translations into English from any language, provided the translator has obtained permission from the author. See above for word limits for each genre. Please include a copy of the original work with your submission.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
Facebook: The Ilanot Review